Luntiang Lunes: Malunggay Omellette

Last July where Nutrition Month falls, my son's school gave us parents a list of vegetable base menu to cook.
Malunggay Omellette was included in the list but I was not sure how to cook it. Again, I asked my mother how to prepare it.
Here, I am sharing my malunggay omellette as taught by my mother for Luntiang Lunes. It has become once a week pack lunch viand for my son since then.


Ingredients:

  • 2 large eggs beaten
  • 50 grams ground beef
  • 1/2 cup malunggay leaves (washed)
  • 1 small onion sliced
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil


Cooking Procedure:

  1. Beat 2 eggs in a small bowl and add salt and pepper, set aside.
  2. Put 1 tablespoon canola oil in frying pan, saute onions.
  3. Add ground beef and cook until lightly brown.
  4. Add malunggay leaves.
  5. Remove from heat as soon as malunggay leaves wilt.
  6. Pour beef and malunggay leaves mixture in the beaten eggs, mix well.
  7. On the same frying pan, heat remaining canola oil and pour the whole mixture.
  8. With fork spread mixture evenly in the pan.
  9. Cook both sides until golden brown.
  10. Serve hot and with catsup.


Enjoy!

Comments