Luntiang Lunes: Adobong Sitaw

I seldom prepare Adobong Sitaw for my son's pack lunch. I thought he does not like it. The first time I prepared it for his lunch, I asked what he thought about it after he arrived from school. He said with a smile, 'tasty and crunchy'. I only smiled back for him and held up my hand for a high five. : )
Here's sharing another recipe for Luntiang Lunes: Adobong Sitaw. Hoping that mothers will cook it for their children, too.

Ingredients:

  • Small bundle of sitaw (string beans) cut in 1" length
  • 50 grams ground beef
  • 1 small onion sliced
  • thumb sized ginger, crashed
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil


Cooking Procedure:

  1. Heat casserole, put canola oil and saute onion and ginger, followed by ground beef.
  2. Cook ground beef until light brown.
  3. Add sitaw, stir for a minute.
  4. Add water, hoisin sauce, soy sauce.
  5. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until sitaw is slightly tender.
  6. Add sugar and vinegar and cook for another 3 minutes.
  7. Serve hot or cold.


Enjoy!



Comments