Luntiang Lunes: Creamy Vegetable soup

I found this Creamy Vegetable Soup recipe in cookbook 'Gulay' by Nona Lema. It's in the Book 1 of Nona Lema's Filipino Vegetarian Recipebook Series. Creamy Vegetable Soup recipe for my Luntiang Lunes, Meatless Monday theme.
Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
  • 1/2 cup carrots, diced
  • 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped (I used young corn, chopped)
  • 1/2 cup green beans, sliced finely (I used 1 medium sayote, diced)
  • 4 pieces dried shitake mushrooms, soaked and cubed (optional, I only added this at whim)
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose cream
  • 3 tablespoons Cream of Asparagus Soup powder
  • salt and pepper
-In a pan, heat butter.  Stir fry potatoes, carrots and sayote.
-Add salt and 2 cups water. Cover and boil until tender.
-Add shitake mushrooms and young corn. Cover and cook.
-Stir in all-purpose cream. Simmer for a while.
-Dissolve cream of asparagus soup powder in a little water. Add to the soup to thicken.
-Remove from heat.
-Sprinkle with pepper.
-Serve hot.

Enjoy!
I replaced some ingredients in the original recipe and used what's available in my kitchen. : )
My children loved the creamy soup, yum, yum. Many Thanks Nona Lema for this recipe.

Comments