Ultra Moist Banana Cupcake

This Ultra Moist Banana bread was a hand me down recipe by a friend. I tasted it during one of our picnic last summer. It tasted sooooo good which kept me bugged her until she shared it. :D
I put it in individual cupcake liners for convenience for my kids' snack . So here's my comeback post: Ultra Moist Banana Cupcake.


Ingredients:


  • A.: 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
  •       1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder

  •       1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda

  • B.: 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) mashed ripe bananas (3-4 bananas)

  •      1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut milk (see note)

  •      1 tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice

  • C.: 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, softened

  •      1 cup (250 ml) sugar

  •      1 egg

  •      1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
Preparation:
  1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Put liners in a cupcake pan
  2. In a bowl, combine (A) flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside. 
  3. In another bowl, combine (B) bananas, coconut milk and lime juice. Set aside.
  4. In a third bowl, (C) cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. At low speed, add (A) dry ingredients alternately with (B) banana mixture. 
  5. Pour into cupcake pan. Bake for about 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. 
  6. Let cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan and slicing. 




On a Personal Note:

  • Cupcakes were ultra moist.
  • I added chocolate chips since I only used 2/3 sugar instead of 1 cup sugar.
  • 4 large ripe bananas I used for a recipe.
  • I run out of lime so I used 1 tablespoon white vinegar (you can't taste it in the recipe)




This one is a real keeper.

Enjoy!


Comments