Spider Brownie Pops

It was my youngest son's birthday last week. Early on he requested for a Spiderman decorated on his birthday cake. Yeah, okey and added I can do that. : ) I also thought of making Spider Brownie Pops as added bonus with his cake. Here's the Spider Brownie Pops that I made 2 days earlier before my son's special day.


Those who attended asked how I did it. The children loved eating them and kept coming back for more. : )

Here's how I made the Spider Brownie Pops:
1. For the recipe of brownies, one can find it here and in my previous post of Brownie Pops.
2. Crumble the brownies and add some of your favorite icing until reaching a moist consistency. The mixture needs to be moist enough for you to roll into balls. The balls should hold their shape.
3. Put them in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
4. Melt semisweet chocolate in a double broiler.
5. Take out the brownies in the freezer, dip a lollipop stick in the melted chocolate and insert it about halfway through the brownie ball. Do the same with the rest of brownies.
6. Take one brownie ball with stick, dip in the melted chocolate until completely covered and remove in one motion. For excess coating.
7. Quickly pour chocolate sprinkles before the chocolate dries.
8. Then place it in a small shallow plastic cup and attach 4 marshmallows on both sides as legs. The plastic cup will hold the marshmallows in place until the chocolate hardens.
9. You can put eyes for the spider but for this spider brownie pop, I did not put any. : )

As for the spiders' legs, I cut marshmallows 1.5" in length, put them in a container with black sanding sugar.
I covered and shook the container to get the sanding sugar attach on the marshmallows.

Enjoy!

Comments