Steamed Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

With the success of my previously steamed chocolate cake, I want to use again my steamer with another cake. This time steaming a red velvet cake, thus my title for this entry: Steamed Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.


I was preparing this cake and wondered why of all cakes I chose Red Velvet Cake, red and festive. I guess I want to celebrate for receiving our long awaited family visa, Yeh! ; )

 Since I don't have an oven in the apartment, I steamed the cake which turned out fine. moist and velvety just the way I like it. : ) Not bad for a steamed cake after all.

 I sure followed to the dot Cakeman Raven's Famous Signature Red Velvet Cake. Only I added a tablespoon of condensed milk to my cake mixture since mine is steamed. The condensed milk acts as emulsifier.

Taking my first bite of the Red Velvet Cake...oh so yummy! and not too sweet treat for celebrating. Thinking also of making this on Christmas as another giveaway.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. wow! look delicious! may i know how long did you steam it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi icyy125 thanks for visiting in my site. I steamed it for 40-45 minutes. : )

      Delete
  2. Red velvet is my fave! Check out my food blog www.nailahgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for visiting my site. I'll check out your food blog definitely.

      Delete
  3. Hii where can i see your recepi for these steam red velvet cake? Tq..do reply me asap..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,do google 'Cakeman Raven's Famous Signature Red Velvet Cake in foodnetwork.com.' I followed exactly his recipe but steamed instead of baked the cake.

      Delete
  4. Hi i received your reply..thank you very much..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eileen! I find your post very timely! I'm into steam baking lately and I'm looking for steam baking recipes such as these. I'll definitely try this. Can you suggest any alternatives of buttermilk and distilled vinegar?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen,I'm looking for steamed red velvet cake and I found this very useful for me.I'm gonna try this.
    will you try to include more steamed cake recipes like this? that'd be very helpful for others also like me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment