Christine's Recipes:Steamed Golden Fish Cake With Oyster Sauce

On my search for a healthy fish ball recipe, I chanced on Christine's Recipes of fish cakes instead. Among her fish cake recipes, it's the Steamed Golden Fish Cake With Oyster Sauce that I fell in love with. : ) The carrot juice, the steam process of cooking and the presentation of fish cake hooked me to try it on my own.




I don''t have Chinese tablespoons in the apartment so I used plastic cups which are usually used for steaming small cakes like the famous Filipino snack puto. Next time I will shape my fish cakes properly. Nicely cut too  the carrot strips and mushroom so they will look good on the fish cakes. : )

The bokchoy  drained after boiling.

Note: I used cream dory fish for the fish cake. I also manually minced the fish fillets since I don't have food processor.

It was fun doing and learning  fish cakes. Thanks to Christine's Recipes.
Enjoy!

Comments