Brownie Pops

Earlier I made orders of materials I will be using for my youngest son's birthday. I ordered online a Callebaut white chocolate from Love2BakeCo. for the readily available Mayfair chocolate brand here in Baguio is way too sweet. I was not mistaken for ordering Callebaut brand. It's lesser in sweetness but a bit more expensive.
I will go for the less sweet quality of chocolate, less guilt in serving sweet treats
to children. : ) Thanks a lot Love2BakeCo.
Take a peek where I first used the chocolate, coated it on a five star shaped brownies my Brownie Pops.

Actually, I tried to use the microwave in baking brownies. I love the time saved in baking it for only 5 minutes. In that less time the brownies was even overdone. It was dry!
 My son would not want to eat it. ; (
This is when the idea of reinventing my brownies to make it attractive and appealing popped in.
I crumbled the brownies, made some buttercream with whipped cream and mixed in the brownies, shaped the brownies in five star, put  lollipop sticks, coated with chocolate and sprinkled with sanding sugar and sprinkles.
The method worked! My children and my sister's twins took 4 pieces each and munched them in a jiffy.

For the recipe of the brownies, one can find it here. I only used 3/4 cups sugar instead of 1 cup. Next time I will lessen the sugar to 1/2 cup if I will make brownie pops again. I'll try to cook the brownies also for 3-4 minutes to see how well it's done in my microwave. I would like to eat plain brownies too.
I'm sorry, but I did not measure the amount of butter, icing sugar and whipped cream I used. I just added a little at a time  until the brownies reached the moist stage enough to hold when shaped.

Enjoy!

Comments