Polvoron Pop Recipe

This is a post long overdue. I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting with my Polvoron Pop Recipe. Actually I have posted this recipe last December. What I did was just insert a stick in a Cookie Dough Truffle Ball, decorated it and that's it.
As for the decoration, I only applied the techniques shown in  youtube videos: McCormick-Karen Tack Cupcake Demo and IronCupcake EXCLUSIVE-Karen Tack/Alan Richardson from What's New Cupcake 


 The balls before putting them in the freezer for 5 minutes. Notice how unattractive they were.

 First decoration technique I applied, putting 2-3 tablespoons of white sugar in a plastic, dropping 3 drops of desired  food color and shaking the contents. There I made an instant homemade colored sanding sugar.




Second decorating technique I applied, putting some of the colored sanding sugar in a container, dropping diagonally cut small marshmallows and shaking them together. There, another colorful material for decoration.

Here are the previously naked balls, with stick on it, white chocolate coating and sanding sugar. I used those 5 disposable cups to apply the sanding sugar on the chocolate.

In the video Karen used the marshmallows to make crysanthemum flower on a cupcake. On a pop, I immediately attached the marshmallows to the still wet chocolate but didn't look like the intended flower instead an attractive tree like that in the movie 'Lorax'. : )

One can find the cookie dough truffle ball here. By the way, I omitted the sugar in the recipe to prevent the polvoron pops from becoming too sweet with the added chocolate and sugar decorations.
Enjoy!

Comments