Cupcake PAROL Toppers

I got inspired  first by Aikko's post: Celebrate Christmas with Parol Cupcake, and second by my ambition to make my own parol like that of the famous Pampanga's Giant Lanterns.
With these cupcake parol toppers, I was able to make my own parol only smaller version. : )

This is my favorite among the designs I made.





 I tried also using black colored icing for a stained glass effect. My only mistake was I made a big whole in my ziplock. The result was larger piping.


 Actually I made the black ones first which showed how inexperienced I was in piping. But I was good on the second try. Practice really makes if not perfect, more fine. : )

 I used white fondant for all the cupcake topper base, black and cream colored royal icing in ziplock bags for the outlines and homemade piping gel for the colorful effects.

Parol Idea Credits to: BakeHappy
Homemade Piping Gel Recipe Credits to: CakeCentral
Royal Icing Recipe Credits to: CakeCentral

Enjoy!

Comments