Maple Syrup Sweetened Banana Chips

Sister Grace's house helper taught me how to make banana chips last year. She learned after attending a Livelihood Skills Training Seminar in their barangay. Although I still remember the banana chips' whole process, I have not tried it on my own. Until I discovered my mandolin slicer inconspicuously integrated with a grater. Immediately, I gave it a try with a small potato. Yey! it really works. : ) Confidently, I used it with unripe bananas for my Maple Syrup Sweetened Banana Chips.

Ingredients:
  • 4 unripe bananas
  • 1 1/2 cups canola oil
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup 
  • 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
  • pinch of salt

Procedure:
  1. Mix the maple syrup, pinch of salt and cinnamon powder. Set ASide.
  2. Wash and peel bananas.
  3. Heat the canola oil over medium high heat.
  4. Slice one banana using mandolin slicer.
  5. Deep fry sliced banana until light brown (1/2 cooked).
  6. Drain.
  7. Do the same with 3 remaining bananas.
  8. Drop fried bananas in maple syrup, salt and cinnamon mixture, coat evenly and strain.
  9. Deep fry again ( 4 batches) until golden brown.

    10. Drain using paper towels.


    11. Store in air tight container.

Enjoy!

Here's my mandolin slicer which helped me cut bananas easily and uniformly.

Comments