Homemade Beans on Garlic Toast

I love watching Hell's Kitchen when I was still in the Middle East. I think, I viewed its Season One where a quiet, shy but intelligent guy won. From then on, I have not forgotten Gordon Ramsay. I opened some of his videos in YouTube and liked copying the Beans on Toast he prepared.
I have read somewhere that Beans on Toast was first eaten by English soldiers during the war. They just opened a tin of beans and pour on toast, that's it! For this entry, I cooked the beans and spooned it on a garlic toast, thus gave it the title: Homemade Beans on Garlic Toast. My children and my husband's nephew have it for dinner.

Ingredients:
  • 250g white beans, soaked overnight and boiled
  • 250g tomato sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • salt and pepper
  • 6 slices of bread
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 clove garlic minced

For the Homemade Beans
-Boil white beans until tender.
-Add tomato sauce, basil leaves, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
-Cook until, it thickens.

For the Garlic Toast
- Mix softened butter and minced garlic.
-Spread on slices of bread.
- Toast till golden brown.


- Pour some beans on the toast and eat it right away.

Enjoy!

Comments