Yema

Sister Grace and I used to cook yema during our elementary years. Either we sell them in our store or with friends at school. Two years ago, I found a good place to market this product. It was such a HIT! It was in demand and I was the sole supplier. : ) Everything was going well until I developed pain on the lateral or outer side of my left elbow joint. I knew I had to stop my activity or my condition gets worst.
I ended my business but I still can cook Yema.
 Ingredients:
  • 1 can condensed milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup powdered milk
  • 1 lime zest
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • skimmed powdered milk for coating
  • cellophane 

-In a non-stick pan, pour in condensed milk.
-Add egg, powdered milk and lime zest.
-Cook on medium heat and stir constantly until it thickens.
-Add butter, mix well.
-Remove from the heat.
-Let it cool down.
-Cut cellophane into squares.
-Spoon cold yema and coat with skimmed milk.
-Wrap with cellophane squares. 

Enjoy!
This is my first time to cook again yema after two years and with my now 3 year old son. We ate already half before finally able to wrap it. ; )
By the way, this yema flavor is leche flan.

Comments

Post a Comment