Sweet Corn Chicken Soup

I bought sweet corns when seeing them freshly harvested. The sweet corns' husk was still light green in color. Sad thing, I forgot to cook them right away. After two days in the refrigerator here's the best thing I can do with them: Sweet Corn Chicken Soup. I first tasted this soup from Miss A, my Indian best friend. I hope to duplicate her soup basing from the taste I can remember. : )


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sweet corn kernels cooked
  • 1/2 cup chicken breast cooked and shredded
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 egg beaten
  • fish sauce
  • pepper
  • spring onion

-Put the chicken broth, fish sauce, pepper  and cooked sweet corn kernels in a pot.
-Bring to boil.
-Dissolve corn flour in little water and add to the pot.
-Stir well so that no lumps are formed.
-Add cooked chicken pieces and bring to gentle boil.
-Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
-Slowly add the beaten egg  and stir continuously.
-Bring to boil until soup attains slight thicker consistency, remove from flame.
-Serve hot garnished with spring onion.


Enjoy!

Comments