Healthy Snack: Granola

I found from Yummly this Granola recipe yesterday and tried it at once. My children loved it as afternoon snack, partnered with bananas. : )

Ingredients:
3 cups oatmeal ( I used quick oat, old fashioned can also be used)
1/3 cup coconut omitted
1/2 vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
1/2 and 1/8 c brown sugar (not packed, I adjusted sugar to lessen sweetness)
4 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup raisins

Cooking Procedure:  heavily adapted from Yummly.
1Pour oatmeal into a glass microwaveable dish and cook for two minutes; stirring once. (YES microwave the oats! I'm not sure why, but this is how I learned to do it in my 7th grade home ec class and it has worked for me every time).
2Combine all other ingredients into a bowl except raisins.
3Add in oatmeal.
4Stir until well blended.
5To finish, use either the microwave or oven. Both methods are listed below --
6Microwave method: Pour mixture into a glass dish and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
7Stir every minute. 
8Add raisins and Cool on wax paper.
9Enjoy!
10OR --
11Oven method: Pour mixture into a large cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
12Stir every 5 minutes.
13Add 1/2 cup of raisins.
14Cool on wax paper.
15Enjoy!

Comments