Frozen Mango Royal

Feeling blessed for receiving ripe mangoes from Guimaras Island this year. We should be eating them plain just the way my youngest son loves. On second thought, why not use these special mangoes for an extra kick in Mango Royal.
Out of my excitement, I forgot to put the all purpose cream in the refrigerator to solidify a bit before using. I still continued with the preparation though but the cream and condensed milk mixture did not have a thick consistency. When I was done with the Mango Royal, I put it in the freezer to harden. Thus goes the Mango Royal to Frozen Mango Royal.

Ingredients:
Crust:
  • 1 cup toasted All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup toasted rolled Oats
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoon cocoa powder

-Put flour and oats in a pan and toast until creamy in color.
-Turn off heat. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
-Place mixture evenly in a 9 x 13 glass dish.
-Pat down firmly.
-Put inside the refrigerator.

Filling:
  • 250 ml All Purpose Cream
  • 1 can condensed milk
  • 3 ripe mangoes
  • semi sweet chocolate (optional) for topping

-Slice mango pulp into cubes.
-In a bowl whisk all purpose cream and condensed milk.
-Take out the glass dish in the refrigerator.
-Spread the mango pulp evenly.
-Pour the cream and condensed milk mixture.
-Top with shaved semisweet chocolates.
- Put in the freezer to harden before serving

Enjoy!
I thought my Mango Royal was a disaster but freezing it did the trick. The children and my eldest nephew Makku loved it. : )

Comments