Snacking Healthy Pineapple Bars

This is my second baked entry: Snacking Healthy Pineapple Bars. I learned about baking in the Middle East during weekends. There was a time when a friend and I even earned from baking simple cakes.
Pineapple bars is one of the first which I was taught to bake. It is one of the easiest to prepare and healthy too as snacks.
 Ingredients:
Crust
  • 1 1/2 c flour
  • 3/4 c brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 c quick cooking rolled oats
  • 3/4 c margarine

Filling
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 can (439g) crushed pineapple

Procedure:
 for the Filling
  1. Mix sugar and cornstarch well in a pan.
  2. Add crushed pineapple with the juice.
  3. Stir well, then cook mixture until spreading consistency.
  4. Set aside.

for the Crust
  1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
  2. Cut the butter into the oats flour mixture until crumbly.
  3. Place half of crust mixture into greased 9x13 pan. Pat down firmly.
  4. Pour filling on top and spread evenly.
  5. Lastly add and spread evenly the remaining crust as firmly as possible.
  6. Bake at 385F for 30 minutes.
  7. Cool and cut into bars.

Enjoy!
Thanks to my friends in Saudi who shared this recipe. Now, I have delicious and healthy snack idea for my children. : )

Comments