My First Homemade 'Japchae'

Sister Grace and I often eat at Hodori  a Korean restaurant here in Baguio. We both like their side dishes, green tea, bulgogi, jjamppong and of course Japchae. One time, I thought of watching  video on how japchae is prepared. 'I can do it!' I said to myself after viewing the video. Easter Sunday when I took the courage to cook My First Homemade 'Japchae'.


Ingredients:
Main:
  • 4.6 oz Cellophane Noodles ( Note: I bought the noodles in SM Baguio with CJ glass Noodles label.There's also Direction on 'How to Cook the Noodles' written in English), 
  • 1 Cup Beef
  • 1/3 Carrot
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 3 oz Spinach
  • 3 Dried Shiitake mushrooms
  • 1/3 Sweet Pepper (optional)
  •  2 Eggs(Optional)
  • Olive oil
  • Salt
  • Black Pepper
For the Beef: 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce, 1/2 Tbsp Cooking Wine, 1 tsp Garlic, 1 1/2 tsp Sugar, A pinch of Black Pepper (Note: I used chicken thighs as substitute)

For the Spinach: 1 tsp Soy Sauce, 1/2 tsp Sugar (Note: I used watercress as substitute)

For the Mushroom: 1 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce, 1/2 tsp Sugar, 1/4 tsp garlic

For Noodles: 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce, 1/2 Tbsp Sugar. 2 Tbsp Olive Oil

For the Sauce: 1 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce, 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil, 1 Tbsp Sugar, 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds, 1/8 Tsp Black Pepper

Cooking Procedure:
Here's the video in youtube: Korean Food: Jap Chae (잡채) by aeriskitchen. It was presented very simply which makes the procedure easy to follow.. Thanks aeriskitchen for sharing.


You can do it too! : )
Enjoy!

Comments