Caramel Popcorn and Caramel Cornflakes

Elai my eldest had his first field trip experience last Wednesday. His high level adrenaline didn't wane from morning to afternoon. When he reached home, he was even more excited to tell stories regarding his whole day activities outside school. The following day and Friday were no school day for him, to give chance for higher grade students to go out too.
Below are the snacks: Caramel Popcorn and Caramel Cornflakes I prepared on those free days while watching 'The Muppets' or after playing Wii. They were a hit! My two kiddos asked me to make them on three consecutive days.



 Ingredients:

1/2 cup popcorn
3-4 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup cornflakes
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup water
baking soda


Procedure:
Here's a video from youtube which I followed for the popcorn and caramel.



As for the cornflakes, my two sons don't like this classic unflavored cereal for breakfast. So I thought of coating it too with caramel to get attention. True enough, they finished it too soon.

Enjoy!

Comments