Chicken Breast Morcon

My sister Grace  plan to serve morcon for her visitors on December. She voiced her plan and asked for help from me. Without blinking an eye, I said YES, why not! I took on the challenge excitedly even if I have not tried that recipe before..shucks. Obviously my sister does not know how to cook morcon , too. She bought chicken breast without an idea which of its part is mainly used for the recipe...so there goes my first ever precooking of morcon... neither beef nor chicken thigh morcon but Chicken Breast Morcon.


Ingredients:

For this Recipe I used:
  • 8 chicken breast fillet
  • salt & pepper
  • 8g Maggie Magic Sarap

Filling:
  • 1 pc carrot
  • 1 boiled egg
  • 2pcs red bell pepper
  • 4 pcs Century Tuna Hotdogs
  • 8 Eden cheese sticks

Sauce:

  • 200g  MMK tomato sauce
  • 2pcs tomatoes sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 medium onion sliced
  • 10 fresh basil leaves
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • salt to taste
Note: Prepare strings too to tie the fillets with filling

Procedure:

1. Debone and fillet chicken breast as shown in the picture above
2. Marinade chicken fillets with salt, pepper, 80g Maggie Magic Sarap and leave it for an
    hour or two. (I put only salt, pepper and Maggie Magis Sarap on the inner side not on the
    skin side of the fillet)
3. Prepare the filling ingredients by cutting them into long slices.
4. After an hour, chicken fillets are now ready as wrappers for the filling
5. Spread flat a chicken fillet and put slices of hotdog, carrots, eggs, red bell pepper and
    cheese
6. Roll the chicken fillet and tie it.
7. Do the same with the rest of the chicken fillets. See the finished chicken fillets below.


8. On a large pan, saute garlic, onion and tomato sauce with 1 tablespoon of soya oil.
9. Add the chicken morcon and heat all their sides before adding the tomato sauce


10. Add pinch of salt to taste, 1 tablespoon honey, basil leaves (I forgot to include it in the
      filling, I added in the sauce instead.) ;-D
11. Cover the pan, cook it for 10-15min over low fire. Open and roll the morcon from time
      to time.
12. When cooked, let it cool down a bit.
13. Take one morcon, remove the string, slice diagonally and serve with its sauce.

When cooking the morcon, the Eden cheese filling melted and oozed...giving the sauce a creamy taste. With the 10-15 min cooking, the chicken were so tender. The Century Tuna Hotdogs too blended well and gave a distinct taste with the morcon.

Papang, my father tasted it first and commented...Masarap ah! I didn't hear any words from my two sons but they almost wiped out a whole morcon for dinner. Not bad, huh for a first try! : )

Try it too at home. Enjoy!

Comments